Sunday, January 24, 2010

reality...

Day 3 of NUT wrapped up this evening, and after a fabulous weekend full of meeting new friends, hours of food talk, outstanding food and tons of yoga, I pulled out of the CPY parking lot feeling like I'd been hauled back into reality. Harsh. After a few moments of ponder, I realized that just because the weekend was over, didn't mean my focus on me was over...it's actually just beginning.

I can't wait to feel the effects food has on my body again. If you had asked me Friday morning if I had really gotten off track since the first NUT program, I would have told you "no, not really". I have indeed made huge changes in my diet that stemmed from the first time around, but bad habits (i.e. my cravings for sugar, drinking alcohol too often, coffee creamer) have crept back into my daily routine. This was made apparent about an hour into Friday night.

We have another great group (of all women) and I'm so glad to have a village by my side throughout this experience. The first of four days of clean eating officially starts on Thursday, but since we've been eating clean since Friday night, I don't intend on changing that in the next four days.

More food sharing to come!!...

2 comments:

brownie said...

You cannot drink alcohol too often.

And stop with the lies! I was at corepower at 4:30PM, saw a bunch of the NUT people milling around, and you weren't there.

Jillian said...

We were all on a field trip to Whole Foods...pa-lease.