Wednesday, November 18, 2009

new, tasty, and fun...

James showed up with this card for me...what a crack up. On the inside it had a big whale on in and the pink and green characters yelled "get Whale soon...get it...get whallle soon...". Hilarious. If you are wondering why he scratched out 'sick' and wrote what he did...yes, I did in fact cut the &%#! out of my thumb Monday night with a brand new knife I bought that day. No fun I say.

I had the best oat bran concoction yesterday morning after my beautiful hour run in the still-snowy Garden. Mixed in was pumpkin, carob chips and chopped almonds...yummers! After the picture I added some kefir to the top...it doesn't look as purty with the liquidy white stuff over the top:). This kept me so full for hours!

After my nock off Magic Bullet bit the dust (it was literally smoking, shooting black stuff everywhere- not a pretty scene folks) Monday morning, I headed to Bed Bath and Beyond looking to get the real Magic Bullet, but instead ran across this little puppy. I've wanted a food processor for a long time and told myself that I'd treat myself to one if I continued my attempts to cooking/baking new things post CPY NUT program. And it comes with a blender too! What a deal! I'm so excited to use it...first up Chocolate Covered Katie's Fudge Babies I suspect.

Off to a run before work! Happy day to all.

1 comment:

HEAB said...

Jillian,
I want to come visit and eat oat bran with carob chips and make Fudge Babies!!!!!

Hope your thumb gets better soon my friend. I've had several knife mishaps in the past. Not fun.