Tuesday, May 26, 2009

a true weekend...

was absolutely wonderful! It was full of adventure, rest, organization, and spontaneity!

On Sunday, Chelsea and I set out for quite the biking conquest...full of obstacles! New tires, a stuck chain, 26th street hill, and screaming IT bands made this quite the memory! Lunch with Mom and the Grandparents followed...then a chick flick alone in the cottage while listening to the rain ended the day:).

Monday am started off with probably one of the most memorable runs I've ever had. Dani, Christy, Staci and I set off from Green Mtn Falls and hiked up Mt Esther...then caught the Ring the Peak Trail...and found ourselves in a rain storm at the Catamount Reservoir...then hiked back down to Green Mtn Falls to Danster's house. Staci and I were totally cracking up as we found ourselves soaking wet, having to climb over wet logs, rocks and mud! This was such an amazing, challenging route where I felt so secluded- it was great! Everyone was a tad breathy...but then we realized that we were actually at about 9800 feet in altitude! Dani fixed us pizza's on grill and spinach salad...so yummy! :) Thanks friend. Pics of this will be posted soon:).

Later in the day I got hooked up with cable and internet- yay! No more silence in the cottage! The fam came over in the eve for some Nuggets action...a perfect way to end the weekend!

Today I went to the first yoga class i've been to in a month!! I know, I know...that's just what happens when you move, have to paint, set up crap, work, train for the upcoming 1/2 marathon...ya ya...i can come up with more excuses if you want?? Bottom line, I am definitely out of yoga shape and sore/tight all over...but that will soon change as there will be no more non-yoga stints.

2 comments:

brownie said...

We're thinking of doing a GMF to Manitou fun run, up and over Pikes Peak. With time bonuses for eating summit donuts. I'll keep you posted...

HEAB said...

Yay for no more non-yoga stints. :)