Saturday, May 31, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
Today was great...had a relaxing morning...got to sleep in! Then had a great time vedging and visiting at mom and ken's bbq:). I love spending time with people, not always "doing"...but just enjoying the company and time spent. My mom made me the 20 minute fudge marshmallow cake from heaven...the mallow was oozing through the cracks...it had taken a life of it's own. Ooh...was it tasty! Thanks mother! Hugs to all.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
1. I've come to realize that my boobs:…get in the way a lot.
2. I've come to realize that when I talk:…it’s probably comes out too fast.
3. I've come to realize that, when I love someone:…they can do no wrong.
4. I've come to realize that I need:...more balance in my life…hugs from those I love…to learn to let go.
5. I've come to realize that I've lost:...my desire for independency.
6. I've come to realize that I hate it when:...I feel like I can’t say no.
7. I've come to realize that if I'm drunk…I just can’t stop laughing…I have to let my foot hang down to touch the floor to prevent bed spinning! J
8. I've come to realize that money:... can never bring you the true desires of your heart.
9. I've come to realize that people:…all want one thing: to be loved.
10. I've come to realize that I'll always be:…laughing, playing and caring.
11.I've come to realize i have a crush on:...a total surprise.
12. I've come to realize that the last time I cried was:…when I felt alone.
13. I've come to realize that my cell phone is:…THE SHIZ!! iPhone I love you…
14. I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning:…I already wanted a Wooglins Cherry White Chocolate muffin!
15. I've come to realize that before I go to sleep at night :..i have to check my alarm like 3 times!
16. I've come to realize that right now I am thinking about:…how much I love classical piano music.
17. I've come to realize that babies:…make me so happy when I hold them.
18. I've come to realize that when I get on Myspace:…seeing a comment from a friend makes me happy
19. I've come to realize that today I will be:..coughing and sucking down the ricola’s.
20. I've come to realize that tonight I will:…be coughing and sucking down the ricola’s in Maili’s presence.
21. I've come to realize that tomorrow will:…I have to work…but then get to hang out with my girls!
22. I've come to realize that I really want to:…be content.
23. I've come to realize that the person who is most likely to repost this:…I don’t know…they may be coughing too…so like me, don’t feel like doing anything productive
Thursday, May 15, 2008
I’m thinking of you lately, and in my mind I wonder why.
But in my heart I know the truth.
I know I see and feel you there in order to not forget.
So that I will not live a life with a heart filled with regret.
I want to know you now, for you to see who I’ve become.
I want to tell you what I feel, I was far from being done.
I see you in the mountains.
I hear you in a song.
I see you in his face.
When he plays the notes you taught him, standing in your place.
Are you really gone?
It feels like a huge mistake.
To wrap my arms around you, instead of see you when I’m not awake.
I know you’re always in my heart.
Please take my hand and guide me.
Please remind me that you’re near.
Your voice I know I will forever wish to hear.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
So today was a great day for numerous reasons...
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
It was a speed workout so i decided to drive to the Sand Creek High School track to get some flat action since i am surrounded by some gnarly hills near the house. But, once i walked up to the track, there was a sign saying it was a private facility and not open to the public...boo. So i just did hilly neighborhood action...15min warm-up...3 minutes hard..3recover...2/2...1/1...2 times through that set...then 15 min cool down. I was sprinting, then recovering on an uphill...tough stuff maynard. And, plus it was freaking hot and i had major redface! :)
Work was great today...because I got some free shoes! The Adidas rep came today and gave us gals the new SuperNova trail shoes...they are freaking sweet as all get out! Can't wait to try em out on a hardcore trail! :)
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Ok...so, it's almost been an entire year since I started running. I told myself that I wasn't going to classify myself as a "runner" until a full year of consistent running had been completed. I made this decision after practically hating running my entire life...I didn't want to be overzealous about my new hobby at first and jump totally in with both feet...but that seems to be what has happened. It's so weird...for so long, the mere thought of running more than 5 minutes made me crabby and tired. But now, my mind loves (well, usually) the process of tying up the laces of my NB's...exploring someplace new (or old)...chatting with my bud or listening to my music selection for the day...and wondering where my mind is going to take me that day. Yes, it's true...some days my mind and my body's just not there and wants nothing to do with any sort of jarring motion, sweat, heaving breathing or extra blood pumping. But those days are seldom and usually come with simply a lack of sleep.
I remember back in March of last year when I started training my good friend Staci. She was a runner (done a handful of 1/2marathons at the time) and I remember one day her suggesting that I do a race with her. My response was "yeah, I might do a short one with you...like a 5k or something." It wasn't 5 months later when we were signing up for the Canyonlands Moab 1/2 Marathon to take place in March '08. How did I get here? Training for the first race was...challenging, interesting, fun, horrible, fulfilling...all at the same time. I decided that my goal for my first 1/2 (13.1 miles) was to get under 2 hours. I would have to be under a 9 min mile the entire race. Including a pee pit-stop in the first 1/2 mile of the start...I ended up finishing 1:57:23. I was really thrilled to have made it just under the 2 hr mark. Moab was an absolutely amazing first race experience...I was with a great group of friends who were so supportive of me.
Since Moab I've been back at the training in preparation for the Steamboat 1/2 marathon. This race will be June 1st and will be a little bit tougher thanks to a higher altitude and a select group of hills to conquer. I'm excited to see if I improve my time and to be running some place new! :) Training for this race has been tough...usually 5 days/wk we run. Speed work, incline, hills, recovery runs (if there is such a thing), long runs (ugh). Staci has been such a huge inspiration...motivator and great running partner for me. She has been such a great teacher and so patient with me in my attempts to truly become a runner... and for that I am so thankful.
Tomorrow we have a long run. It will be 90 min which is a shorter run of the long run category for us...however monday will be the start of a tough and long 2 weeks of training before we back off a bit before the race june 1. For our long runs, Staci and I have been going up to Monument to train at a little bit higher altitude. We love it up there and just think it's gorgeous! We've been running around Palmer Lake as well as the Greenland trail...both just make you feel as though you are in this remote part of Colorado Springs...pretty neato!
I decided to tally up the number of miles i've run since the start of 2008...and a rough estimate ends up to be 425miles. So that means I'm averaging about 26-27miles/week. If you would have asked me a year ago if I would be running more than 20 minutes at a time...I would have said...not with a smile on my face that's forsure! But, I do have a smile of my face...I really do enjoy so many aspects of it. Of course the competitive athlete rears it's head sometimes and thinks of strict goals I can set for myself. But, I don't want to lose sight of the joy I find in the simplicity of heading out for a run...not focusing on time, speed, heart rate...but focusing on enjoying the time for set aside for me.
Place: C.C. Trail/Greenway Trail
Distance: about 4.3 miles
Run: recovery run
Friday, May 2, 2008
-Thank goodness this week is over. I'm ready to move forward, regain control, balance back out...and feel like myself again.
-I am hoping and praying that Cammie feels better...her pain subsides...and that her recovery is better then she thinks. I love her to pieces and wish I could take it all away.
-My brother won $800 from Blackjack in Vegas...i am jealous...i am taking lessons from him sometime soon.
-Romi and I think work is SOOOOOOO overrated and we talk every morning about how we just want to curl back up into bed and lock ourselves in the house and not pay our bills...ever. The other morning when i was about to get into the shower I asked Maili if she actually got up...did stuff...then got back into bed....she said yes. hahah- i was laughing. Even though i am really enjoying my job...it's hard when you feel tired and feel like you never have time to do it all.
-I can't believe today is May 2nd...I feel like it was just Christmas a couple weeks ago...what happened to the time? Freaking 4 months! What the heck!?