Tuesday, October 7, 2008

memories...




Last night and today, I had such a fun time with my good friend Toni! To make the long story about our friendship short... Rival point guards for 4 years in h.s....end of senior year we were roommates at the All-State Basketball Games for a week and spent the entire time laughing staying up til' all hours of the night talking...left there being great friends...ironically ended up playing against each other in college as well (her at Ft. Lewis, me at Mesa)...and in the mix there somewhere: have gone rafting, traveled to Hunington Beach, CA, rode scooters in Florence, laughed til' we cried watching Ellen Degeneres stand-up, teamed up in numerous 3on3 tournies, watched Carla Tate and Daniel McMann fall in love countless times in 'The Other Sister'. Oh the memories...

Today Toni and I spent the day visiting over coffee, hiking the incline (her for the 1st time), a big ol' pita from The Pita Pit, driving around saying "Don't get pissed Lady" at the woman giving us a dirty look as my tires barely crossed the crosswalk downtown, and a yummy blizzard from DQ!

I so enjoyed the time with her. It always does my heart good to so easily re-connect with a friend that is so dear to me.

2 comments:

brownie said...

All those trips up the Incline, you training for Austin or Leadville?

Can't make it tonight, headed to the Black Sheep for a show. Should be back next week though. Think a friend of mine is coming in for new shoes, I'll make sure she gives you a hard time.

brownie said...

Since you'll be in shape from Austin, you should do Salida!

How far are people allowed to go in trying on shoes at CRC?

Taking people not from Colorado up the Incline is one of my favorite things! They always think it can't be so bad since it's only a mile.