Wednesday, September 24, 2008

lost...

Sometimes I feel my mind is lost...it jumps around from thought to thought, and sometimes I feel like I'm looking for the answers to too many questions. Maybe it's because we focus too much on what's going on around us...the external experiences our mind has to take in, process, then react to. I feel like I don't get enough time to really search for and explore the important stuff...what's going on inside- deep in my heart and mind. Because of this, bits of truth and emotion seep out into my daily life and sneak up unexpected...catch me off guard...and leave me confused on how to deal with them.

Speaking of time...I think about the following questions almost daily: How much happier would we all be if we only had to work four hours everyday. What would we do with the extra time? How would the decrease in stress, the increase in energy, effect our personalities? I believe we would be a whole lot happier, feel more fulfilled, more rested, and more like we were actually living a life rather than surviving one.

3 comments:

Bri said...

Amen Sister. Miss ya. xo

jboyd said...

what depth of thought...my dear daughter...and yes wouldn't it be wonderful to have more time to look inside...there is so much important stuff there...I have found that is why I meditate, that is where I go to look inside, and I am never disappointed. We just have to make time in our busy schedule to sit and be still and give ourselves permission to stop and be with ourselves for a bit...I hope you are able to do that a little at a time because that is how we get to know ourselves well and accept and love ourselves more and more...so we can really love others too. kisses

brownie said...

Maybe you can find what you're looking for at the hippie 5k on Saturday!