Wednesday, April 30, 2008

say it...

Sorry Maili, but I am going to jump on the "say what you need to say" bandwagon...I can't help it!

After listening to this song over the past few days...I've noticed that each time I hear it, I find myself thinking and feeling deeply.  The lyrics to this song, though simple, shine a light on the true importance of not letting moments pass you by when you hold back. Living a life feeling fulfilled so much has to do with really being in the moment and speaking the truth within your heart. 

So much regret I have in my life comes from not saying what I needed to say...what I wanted to say. Even though it often seems safer and easier to not say it outloud...I think the consequence is missing out on true feeling...true emotion...truth in knowing yourself and others the way that was intended.  When I listen to this song I think back to particular times in my life that I held it in and missed the opportunity.  It's a horrible feeling knowing that I've let so many moments pass...but I hope in the years to come I "have no fear for giving in...no fear for giving over" and enjoy speaking the feelings that were meant to be heard. And in the end...I know that it's better to say too much, then never say what I need to say again. 

"Say"

Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration 
Take all of your so-called problems, 
Better put ‘em in quotations

Say what you need to say [x8]

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you’d be better off instead, 
If you only could . . .

Say what you need to say [x8]

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You’d better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open 

Say what you need to say [x24]


No comments: