Sunday, April 27, 2008

never ending lessons...


Sharing in the form of blogging these days has been a joke...
My free time has absolutely gone out the window...
So much to catch up on...where to begin?

Since i'm almost falling asleep, I'll share the most traumatic event of the weekend...my Camster falling off her bike! Cammie, Jeff, Meg and I had just enjoyed a wonderful breakfast Saturday morning at Wooglins when not 2 hours later I receive a txt from Jeff saying Cammie fell off her bike and that she was on her way to Penrose in an ambulance. WTH I thought...and being at work I couldn't do squat but just wait to hear updates! She dislocated her knee cap and had to have stitches in her mouth! Poor thing! She amazed me at her backwards-sit-down-butt-step-up maneuver she performed once we brought her home that evening...even though we had a pull-over barf break on the way up to the 2nd floor. Her wonderful sense of humor remained constant throughout this whole ordeal which I totally love...she repeatedly told me that she wasn't going to let the doctors take her underwear off. Oh yeah and today she was pissed that we neglected to tell her that her face was all cut up...she said it was a complete shock when she sat down on the toilet last night and caught a glimpse of her reflection. :) 

Cammie- we all just love you to death and are totally here for you for whatever you may need! :)...a hug, a barf bag, powdered doughnies from the gas station, or someone to simply sit with you on the couch! :) 

Anytime something like this happens and I find myself sitting in a hospital...it's another reminder of how quickly life can change...people's lives never the same. It helps me to remember how blessed I am and to never take those I care about so dearly for granted. 

No comments: